Friday, January 4, 2008

Morbid Moments

As I am cleaning up the kitchen today, which took a good three hours in between the Owen pit stops, I hear the kids playing house. Jaxen and Ember have to take every toy out of Ember's room and transfer it to Jaxen's before they can start playing. I am running in between the kitchen and Owen (in our room) when Ember stops me.

E: Our mommy is dead.

M: Huh?

E: Our pretend mommy, she'd dead. A shark ate her.

M: I'm sorry to hear that.

E: She was riding her skateboard and she fell in the ocean and a shark ate her up because she didn't have a boat.

M: To bad she didn't have a boat.

E: But she is alive now but she is in our room.

M: Ok.

I am not really sure where she got this kinda morbid imagination, we really monitor what they watch.

A little while later she came in and said their baby had died (but she's ok now).

On a lighter note, when Ember and Jaxen play house Ember is always the "sister" (which translates to the daughter) and Jaxen is always the dad. It is so cute to hear Ember say, "Daadddd" and Jaxen to say "what, Sweetie?" But the cute ran out quickly today as they started fighting over who got to play with what fake food. Seriously can't we just share the fake chocolate and donuts. I personally would prefer the real thing...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chocolate and donuts always make things better. lol Maybe that is how they bring back the mom and baby. lol

H said...

I encourage Tasha to use her "nice voice" or "nice words". So one day when I have deliberately calmed myself down and am talking in a sickly sweet tone she says, "you have a cute voice". I love it when the girls play house and call each other sweetie!