Thursday, January 10, 2008

Which car hops on one foot?

Toward the end of our daily *sigh* game of Mouse Trap, the kids decide to spin around and get dizzy while they wait for their turn. This of course makes the game ten times longer considering there are only three of us and we only roll one die and it takes them a few seconds to regain their sense of direction; but I digress.

Where was I? Oh ya...so Ember fell down while spinning and hurt her foot. She then proceeded to "hop" toward me. Trying to do so on one foot. She then blurts out in a whiny voice, "I have to be a camino now because I hurt my foot!" TRANSLATION: "I have to be a flamingo now because I hurt my foot!" I had her tell me twice because it was so darn cute, and the look on her face was so darn serious (for those of you with 3 year olds, you know the look).

Prior to our daily game of Mouse Trap, we played our daily game of Go Spider. (Is it that obvious I don't do anything all day besides hang out and play board games with my kids?--Give me some credit, I can do it all while breastfeeding! Oops, digressing again...) Ember, after two games of Go Spider, wanted to even the girl/boy game karma by playing Go Princess. Jaxen, in the deepest voice he can muster, announces, "Negatory! It's not gonna happen!"

What?! Negatory? Where did he get that? I told Shaun about it when he got home, he thinks it might be from Transformers (the movie, of course). I guess Optimus Prime says something along the lines of, "that's a negative", or something. Jaxen just decided to put his own spin on it.

Who knows? Might just be the word of the week in school.

3 comments:

Matthew J. said...

Please shoot me because I know this but in fact it is from Transformers. I could go into the fact that Michael Bay stated that it was a tribute to the cartoon because the US Army Jeep transformer Warhound (I think that was his name) used to always say, "Negatory on that order!"

Yes, please shoot me.

Unknown said...

Games all day huh is that fun or boring? lol

Jill said...

lol! Sounds like you guys had a great time!