Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Long Walk

Yesterday morning started out as any other. Shaunton went to go work out. Upon his arrival home and being greated by Ember she asks, "Dad, did you brush your teeth?" Yes, mom, he did.

Later in the afternoon I went to drop food off for a friend that lives a few blocks down. I decided to walk with the kids. The both come bolting out the backyard with their bikes. Ok, you can ride your bikes. About one block into the walk I realize that Jaxen's front tire is low on air. Granted, I wasn't planning on them riding their bikes, give me a break. Shortly after that, Ember's handlebars kept getting out of line with the wheel (it's a bigwheel). So, after 50 adjustments, a few pit stops, one bike topple, and a few carry the bike incidents, we ended up at our destination...about 30 minutes after we left. Granted the trip back was faster.

On the way, we also encountered a werewolf. Ember saw a dog, and looks at me with big eyes.
"Mom, did you see that werewolf?!"
"Um, that's not a werewolf." *smiling*
"Then what is it?" (ok, maybe she is wanting breed here?)
"It's just a dog"
"oh"

Leave it to me to blow her imaginative dream...maybe she was pretending (she sure looked serious though). It was a shaggy dog...if it was on two legs instead of four, I might have agreed with the werewolf theory.

A few random thoughts:

I like to kiss Owen on the cheeks. But lately I have to make sure I don't do it around Ember or I get it.

E: (With a head tilt and eye roll) "Mom...do you want me to kiss Owen on hes (sounds like he with a s sound on the end) face?!"
M: "No, I'm sorry, you're right, I won't do it again. (At least not when you are can see me!)

UPDATE: Owen laughed for the first time last night (@ 7:20PM to be exact~Don't look at me, Shaun was the one that noted the time, I'm not really that anal about details.)!!! (Time to plan the First Laugh Ceremony)

Owen slept for 8 hours straight last night. Not counting the restful night, there is nothing like waking up at 3 in the morning with boobs as hard as rocks and lopsided because he nursed on only one side before bed. Miracle grow ain't got nothing on me!. Good thing I don't sleep on my stomach. *Jeez, I make myself laugh*

And, for today, who doesn't like a good start to the morning?

Jaxen was coloring before school today in his Ninja Turtle coloring book. He was coloring a picture with The Brain in it. (For all your TMNT fans, you know who the brain is.) He looks over at Ember, points to his head and says, "Ember, did you know we have blains in here?" I sure hope so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a blain, in here! (pointing to my head)

Jill said...

Sounds like you guys have been having lots o fun. I totally understand the bike thing. I would of love to see the werewolf too. Maybe Ember is one of the defenders of the universe sent to protect you from such monsters.

Jill said...

...congrats on the first laugh. What is the ceremony all about?

Unknown said...

I love the bike thing we get things like that happening when we go for our walks.
Maybe its a werewolf because she's little?
And shame on you for making Owen laugh ...bad mommy. lol
And kissing your kids what are you some kind of mom who likes to be mean ...no kissing...lol
Oh ya I forgot about the hard boobs from not nursing... fun fun fun!?!