Thursday, January 3, 2008

Go Spider!

Jaxen has created a new game. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use something in two ways...but it was fun to see him do it anyway.

He asked me and his dad to play Go Spider with him. He used the pieces from his new Spiderman & Friends Memory Game to play it. He said you have to ask another person if they have a card you need, if they don't they say Go Spider and you draw a new card. I kept saying Go Fish. He goes on to explain, "Mom, you don't say 'Go Fish', you say 'Go Spider' because they are Spiderman cards, not fish ones."

I just thought it was neat that he "created" a game from another. (His dad was even trying to read the instructions on the Memory Card game to see how to play this so-called Go Spider game). As I type they are anxiously pestering me to come and play Go Princess (Ember got a Memory Card Game too). Kids are so creative, and it is fun to watch the sparkle in their eyes when they get excited. I love the pride that shows in their face and eyes when they get to teach something to another person.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice! Kids do get very excited when they learn something new.
Did you really post this at midnight?

H said...

Very cute! I left a popcorn tin by your front door. I hope you come home soon. Eat it and I'll fill it with caramel corn...