Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Last night we were playing games with the kids for FHE, and he just up and walked about 10 steps to no one. Just out into the unknown. He has gotten braver.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Owen is not walking. I swore he would be a walking baby by Christmas. He is still a little scared-e cat who will only walk to one parent from another and only if it is within 6 walking steps. Falling forward into your arms is optional. He won't crawl forever.
I got a food saver for Christmas so I can start planning more for the end of the world! ;) Thanks Mom!
OK, I think that is all the updates for now.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Another year has passed. The older we get the faster it seems to fly by! Here is a brief recap of 2008.
Shaunton took the P.E. (Professional Engineer test) and should know his results in the next few weeks. We are all holding our breath and crossing our fingers. We feel good about it. He still works at SRPMIC, and enjoys their extracurricular sports teams. This year I think it was Softball, Kickball, and a few games of Football.
Jaxen is in first grade this year and doing great! He is getting tested in January for PACE, which is the gifted program. He played soccer this year and is fearless when it comes to getting in there and going for the ball. We have had to get his glasses readjusted a time or two. He is a big help around the house. He is still into superheroes and loves to read, read, read. There have been many a night where we have to go in there and tell him to put down the book and go to sleep!
Ember started preschool in August and loves it (most days). She is still my feistiest one. She can write her name and loves to draw and write. She enjoys playing outdoors and riding her bike. We didn’t sign her up for soccer this year, but plan to enroll her next year. She loves to take care of her little brother, or at least tries her best.
Owen is my smiley one. He has recently started taking his first steps. We are up to six now and fully expect a walking baby by Christmas. Who cares that it took him 16 months to do it. He loves to eat anything that isn’t baby food (and a lot of it) and loves to be outside. If any door is left open he doesn’t hesitate to book it as fast as he can and starts crying if he isn’t fast enough to get out before you catch him. He was about 20 pounds at last check up and finally made the scales for his age (not adjusted). Not bad!
As for myself, I am still chasing kids and wondering where the time has gone. This year we got ourselves a solar water heater and have had the hottest water ever, and it doesn’t take that long to heat up (coming out of the faucets). I have also been working on food storage because the end of the world is at hand! No seriously, hard times happen and with the economy the way it is we wanted to be sure that we had some food and other items put away just in case. It’s not much, but it is a start.
On another note, we are expecting the last member of our family in early June. At present, we are unsure of gender, although ask anyone in our house (minus me- it would be my luck to add more testosterone to this family) and they will tell you without hesitation that it is a little sister. I hope so. It would be nice to even the numbers with this last one. Before you ask…yes, we are crazy and yes, it was indeed planned, although it did happen a little faster than anticipated. All is well, and have thus far (14 weeks) experienced no complications. Issues related to Owen were one of those blue moon type. If you are interested, you can call or email on January 6th to find out what the gender is.
So, there you have it 2008,
Friday, December 12, 2008
A gift to you from us, it reads. Hmm, decent box. A sampler of something, is my guess. Maybe another newborn size diaper. Coupons maybe.
Open to find... two trial tampons. Nice.
Thanks a lot.
That is just what this pregnant woman needs, tampons. Although the laugh was pretty fun.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake, because I am too cheap to buy a real tree every year. (And, because, I too, worry about Christmas tree fires!)
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving. Although with one toppling incident so far, I am slowly regretting this decision.
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas if I can so life can return to normal. I know, as is my life is normal, right?
5. Do you like eggnog? Very small portions.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Can't think of one. I know my mom sacrificed a lot for what we did get.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Consistently = Ember. This year it is Ember and Owen.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jaxen.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but does it still count if it has headless wise men and a donkey that can't stand up by itself?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Christmas socks from a co-worker. Just give me a card, not a slap in the face. Funny thing is I still have these dorky socks. They still have the tags on them too!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch stole Christmas - Jim Carrey version.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday. If I start too soon my kids will be on to the next thing.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? NO. I have good willed and given to other people, but not re-gifted.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I too am a fan of peppermint ice cream. Or the kind with little candy cane flecks in it. Yummy. Alas, I am too cheap to buy it half the time because it is expensive.
16. Lights on the tree? 800 to be exact.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. We go up to the reservation the weekend after Christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I know the leader, so I can get the information I need from him.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Pinch me now, but the little bell ringers outside every store. I feel guilty each time I pass without money to put in. (I think I recall someone with this same feeling, H). Commercialism.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The kids get a new ornament each year representing that year. It is fun to put them on the tree each year and look at what they were into that year.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We don't really do anything special.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Just to be happy is all I want or need.
I schedule the ultrasound in 4 weeks. Cross your fingers that it is a little lady. :)