Monday, January 7, 2008

A Five Year Olds Reference Guide to Weather

So this morning as I sit the kids down for breakfast, I open the arcadia window and show the kids that it is raining.

M: That means it is cold outside.

J: I wonder how cold it is? Like this cold? (holds his thumb and pointer finger about half and inch apart) ---he is of course referring to the new thermometer we have outside.

M: Not that cold.

J: I need to watch Fox 10 News to find out.

M: You need to what? (I was trying to get him to repeat himself because it was so cute.)

J: I think I need to go outside and see how many degrees it is (once again referring to the new thermometer we have outside).

We found out it is 54 degrees outside. Pretty cold by Arizonan standards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so cute!...Also one day when I picked Jaxen up from school, we saw people putting up cameras to catch people running red lights or speeding. And I told Jaxen that the cameras catch people doing bad things. So sometime later we saw the camera flash and Jaxen said, "Oh know, now those people will be on FOX 10 NEWS". Meaning we will see them doing bad stuff, we always see bad things on the news. Jaxen talks about FOX 10 NEWS because when I get ready for work that is what I'm watching.

Unknown said...

I like the cold! I love this kind of weather. Makes me miss Missouri. I like your new page too.

Jill said...

Are you getting paid for your ad's space for Fox 10 nws? Love it!