Monday, January 7, 2008

Repeat after me

The other day I asked Jaxen and Ember how Owen would look with my color hair (and placed my hair over his head). Ember looked at me and said, "He looks a fright!". It was such an unexpected response I just started laughing.

She is my little mimic. When she wakes up and her hair is all over I always tell her that her hair looks a fright and to let me brush it.

She is really getting to that age where you have to watch what you say around her...unless you want her to add a new word to her vocabulary. We don't swear, so no worries there. But when SIL is around, she has some interesting phrases. She asked me the following just the other day.

E: Mom is she-ite a bad word? (pronounced as it is written)

M: Yes, I don't want you saying it.

E: But Auntie Ditz says it. (Yes, that is her Auntie's nickname, LOL)

M: I know, she likes to say words that aren't nice. I don't want you saying them.

E: Can I say fat cow?

M: No, that is not nice either.

E: Fat isn't nice, can I just say cow?

M: Yes, you can say cow as long as you aren't calling someone a cow.

E: Ok.

They really pick up on these things! She is constantly reminding us about "bad words". If she hears one of us say stupid or hate (of course not referring to people) she blurts out, "Mom, you said a bad word!!!!" Keeps us on our toes and encourages nice words by everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So can she call you a 'cow' since you look like one lol. Wait that was Jaxen that said that. hee hee JK Ember does really help me not to say stupid when you guys are here I keep forgetting Savannah is now telling me when I say it too. She is also now saying... I forget now, but the saying Ember was saying while you were here last. hmm...nope cant remember.

Jill said...

It is amazing what little parrots they are! I love how they correct you. Just shows they were listening.