Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Tid-Bits

Ember decided today that she wanted to use glue. Of course she decided she wanted to use glue while I was trying to get Owen down for the millionth time. Good news: It didn't end up in her hair (or in anyone else's, for that matter). Bad News: She wasted 28 sheets of paper (my original guess before counting was 30, close enough). She put a glob of glue in the center of each pieced and just layered from there. I guess it was some sort of flat tier cake or something. She said she needed to use to glue. Needless to say, the glue is in an undisclosed location. Glue relocation program. Jaxen might need the witness protection program, he was in the kitchen the whole time she was doing it, but saw nothing. As if I expected any other answer.

I caught Ember in Owen's baby bathtub, I would have taken a picture, but we were running later on getting them ready and in bed. It was pretty funny though.

Owen had his Synagis shot yesterday, and has been a little terror brat tired and grumpy today. He won't stay down unless I am right there with him, and you (or at least those of you with kids, anyway) know how hard that is to do?! So, he is sleeping on me as I type...snoring away....knowing full well that he is going to start crying (tears and all) as soon as I lay him down. Ok, in reality, he will wait until I think he is going to stay asleep, then starts crying.

Last but not least is Jaxen's contribution (he has many, so I have to cut it down). Yesterday, as he was taking off his socks, he says to his dad, "Eww, my socks are like Kryptonite!" They aren't that bad, in fact, I don't think they smell. But, this is coming from a habitual baby (and only baby/toddler...no adults please) foot sniffer. Something about that smell. I know, I know...it sounds disgusting. But to me it is as addicting as baby breath (oh that sweet, sweet smell).

It was Ember's turn to say the family prayer tonight. Jaxen leans over and whispers...and then we hear Ember say, "and bless Granma with the turtles will stop moking." Translation: Bless Grandma with the turtles (we label all our Grandma's at our house, you should try it) will stop smoking. I am happy to see them adding their own touches to the prayers and remembering others on their own without being prompted. We love our Grandma and want her to be healthy.

7 comments:

H said...

1. I'm calling the paper police on Ember. Tell her she better plant a tree for all that waste!
2. Slings work nice for sleepy babies that won't let go.
3. I love baby feet too...I've been known to nibble on the toes!

Monique said...

H~
I tried to salvage the poor paper, there just wasn't anything I could do! (The globs were right dab in the middle.) It hurt to throw them in the trash :(

Yes, I love my sling...but when cooking it just isn't possible. So I end up with him in his chair and looking at him and talking to him the whole time to keep him from crying.

Matthew J. said...

Monique,
You and your husband should get out more... Those kids appear to be going stir crazy!

hehehehe... I slay me...

Anonymous said...

Does that mean my socks smell like the BoG Of Eternal Stench??!!

Monique said...

S~

I think you walk through the Bog of Eternal Stinch on your way home. Sometimes you hop over it...but sometimes you can't help but step in it.

Jill said...

I agree with Jaxen on the kryptonite. I love the smell of baby's breath but the feet are a whole other story.

Unknown said...

I love that Jaxen didn't even notice. Thats great! Of course I think maybe thats just men in general ha ha.