Monday, January 28, 2008

Got a light?

So late Saturday night on our way home from yet another a family birthday party, I swung by Fry's because I was in the mood for an Asian salad (and they were on sale for $1, nothing beats that!). We don't shop on Sunday, so it was now (9:00 P.M. actually) or never. I ran in, grabbed the salad and a drink, and ran back out - figuratively of course, it was more of a brisk walk. I get home, unload my two items and notice there is something still in the bag. Hmm, what could it be?
Yeap, a pack of cigarettes. Lucky me! Someone apparently purchased them and forgot to grab the bag they were in. Who puts a pack of cigarettes in a bag all by itself? I thought that was a pocket/purse kinda item? Hmm, then again you might be asking me how I know that...logic I guess. I mean how often do you look through the bags in the self-check out lane before you start chucking in your own stuff? I know I don't. (Although technically I usually bring my own bags, so I know there is nothing in them.) So I didn't really steal right?

Now the question is...What do I do with my new found "treasure"?
A. Do I smoke them?*
B. Do I take them back to the store? or
C. Do I toss them in the trash?

So, you help me decide...what should I do? I would have much preferred to come home and find a Snickers bar or money in the bag...that would have been a score!

*Option A is not an option; it s a distractor hidden among the best answer to throw you off. All reference to and about smoking is strictly in jest. No part of this blog may be duplicated for the entertainment of others. All rights reserved. (I always wanted to do that too!)

4 comments:

Matthew J. said...

Since I can tell that they are Menthol Lights, option C is the only kind and generous thing to do.

Even when I did some, I would have rather smoked someone else's dead relative's ashes than smoe a greenie light.

Of course, I am slighted against someone smoking at all so the store doesn't need to sell them again (**GASP*** Someone could have poisoned them (OPTION D???).

Anonymous said...

Option E??- Let your kids smoke them so they won't like the taste, therefore they won't smoke when they grow up. J/K I would never do that!!!!!

Unknown said...

I don't know I think Shaun's right?!? lol teach them a lesson they didn't ask for and haven't even thought of yet. lol
But then again I agree with nitemare the store will just benefit twice from you returning them. So you could just throw them out.
or option E make your own test and set them out front of your house and see who takes them. ha ha

H said...

Burn 'em or toss them to a homeless guy that doesn't need to waste the money on cig's. And I thought you'd appreciate the word verification "snkpe" which I am converting to "snake pee"...kind of on the lines of cigarettes, eh?