Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Secret Santa Helpers - Update

We decided to let our secret grandparents know who was leaving them little gifts. I know that if I was to get gifts and not know who it was from, it would eat at me. I am just one of those people who has to know!

A short time ago I received a Christmas card in the mail from one of our secret grandparents. It reads:

"We can't thank you enough for making our Christmas so much brighter. We really enjoyed your gifts, especially the snowflakes and it was fun to wonder who was doing it. Thank you so much."

The following Sunday our secret grandma saw us when we came in and gave each of us a big hug. It was so nice to know that it was special on both ends. She told us she really liked the snowflakes and her favorites were hanging up on her mirrors and the others she put on the window.

I'm glad she liked them, the kids wanted to help make the snowflakes but couldn't cut through all the layers of paper (they tried), so yours truly did them --with encouragement from the kids!

I hope we can do something similar this year. I know it made the season more meaningful and fun for me and the kids.

No comments: