Friday, September 26, 2008

My Gardens


In front of house and in front of the drive way.



In order: cardboard lasanga layer, compost and mulch layer, finished bed with transplants, and my baby sprouts!

I finished planting my vegetable garden on Tuesday. I am grateful for Crystal's expertise and patience as I picked her brain at least once a day (sometimes twice). Ok, twist my arm, I admit maybe more than that on some days.

Today I finished the flower bed in the front. I put in wildflowers, freesia, and narcissus. I am so glad it's done and can't wait to see the flowers start to pop up! I also planted some bulbs (freesia) by the sage bushes in front of our living room window, just for fun.

I was just telling Shaun to go ahead and mow over the cantaloupe and watermelon vines because nothing was growing on them. The grass was so tall it was hard to even see the vines anyway. All the watermelons or cantaloupe that started to grow were quickly discovered and eaten by the birds. Needless to day, he un-twined the vines from the grass to go around them and lookie what we he found! We hid it again so the birds won't find it.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

That's great. It looks really good. Congrats on the melon!

Jill said...

Way to go. I am uber impressed. hope the melon is nice and juicy!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! It's got to cool down at least another 15 degrees until I'm attempting any gardening (that and I have to get this kid out.)