Friday, September 26, 2008

Say Hello...

to my leetul (or lethal) frens.



On a hiking trip through the desert landscape today we came across these two beauties. One (yellowish one), no bigger than a penny. The other about an inch long. I didn't think we would see any wildlife on our short trek through the steaming oasis that is our back yard.

Yep, you heard right. My.Back.Yard.

I think they might both be babies. *GULP* Which means there are big ones out there.

We moved some toys to mow the lawn and came across the bigger one. The smaller fell out of the toy on the way to the dumpster. Needless to say, our friends have met untimely deaths.
Hmm, here I was thinking how strange it is that Jaylee found a lobster scorpion in her home, and then I find some. I was so hoping they followed us home from a camping trip. (You know, the dead ones we found in the shed and laundry room.) Alas, the oasis of innocence and denial is over.

I may never let my kids play in the backyard again. At least not before I black light the whole thing first!

2 comments:

M said...

ewww ewww eww ewww ewwww! I have a fear of your leetle frens! ewww! D found one in our house a couple months ago too. Scared the leevin heek out of me then too!

Jill said...

Remind me never to walk barefoot in your backyard. Freaky! Lavander is a good repellant and it smells really good too!