Monday, October 6, 2008

Nothing says Fall Break like...

Lice infestation!

Is it Ember? Nope. Jaxen? Nope.

It's Owen. Yes, my one year old has lice. My kids have never had lice, so this is a new (and gross) experience!

I was laying in bed with Owen and I saw something crawling in his hair. I took it out and called Shaun to confirm my worst fear. It looked like lice. (We went online to check...and the fear was 100% confirmed.)

So I spent yesterday afternoon picking a bit (I was in denial and thought it was a one lice deal). I picked a lot last night, and just finished up this morning. I really don't want to use chemicals in his hair, so I am hoping if I can do a thorough job each morning and evening they will be gone within the next few days. I was very detailed this AM, so hopefully I don't find anything tonight when I check again. But, it is extremely hard to entertain a one-year-old to sit still long enough to go through his hair inch by inch checking for lice and eggs.

I keep checking Ember and Jaxen's hair, just to be sure there isn't anything there.

Paranoia has set in.

Yes, this is exactly how I pictured my Fall Break! (Is anyone else itchy?!)

4 comments:

MAGA said...

THAT SUCKS, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EMBER ALL THE TIME. ESPECIALLY NOW THAT SHE GOES TO SCHOOL THEY ARE MUCH HARDER TO GET OUT OF GIRLS BECAUSE OF ALL THE LONG HAIR, AND THEIR ARE MEDS THAT U CAN USE THAT ARE CHEMICAL FREE. SAFFER FOR THE BABY. AND WASH ALL THE BEDDING IN HOT WATER, THERE MIGHT BE SOME THERE TOO. AND THEY WILL JUST KEEP COMMING BACK IF YOU DONT MAKE SURE ITS ALL CLEAN. JUST A LITTLE ADVICE HOPE IT HELPS

Jill said...

How terrible! That's a toughie. Best of luck in getting the bugs gone.

H said...

Uh, ya I'm itchin' and scratchin'. Lice seem to be everywhere this year.

Crystal said...

I have heard a chemical free way to go is to cover their hair and scalp in vaseline. It suffocates the lice and then after you wash it out you can use one of those baby fine combs to get the eggs out. good luck.