Monday, September 22, 2008

Always Mondays...

I spent most of this afternoon working on the garden. Owen fell asleep around 11:30 so I wanted to get in what work I could.

Ember came and told me that Owen was awake around 2:30. I went in and check on him. There he was just laying there on the living room floor looking sad. He has been a little under the weather lately, fighting a cough and runny nose.

I picked him up only to notice that he was really heaving in shallow breaths. He was practically panting and you could here a bit of a wheeze. His chest and whole body heaved with each breath. He wasn't like that when I laid him down. He gave me this help me look. I immediately called his doctor's office and scheduled an appointment.

He was given two rounds of breathing treatments and we had to wait until his pulse ox was in normal range before we could leave. Two hours later we left with four prescriptions. One for steroids to help his lungs, one for a nebulizer, one for the breathing treatment med, and one for penicillin (because life wouldn't be fair without the bonus of an ear infection).

The sickness made it's way into his lungs. He was a much more happier camper after the treatments. We have a follow up appointment on Friday to see how everything is clearing up.

Oh ya, Happy Anniversary to us! :)

P.S. Garden pictures to come.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love you!

M said...

Happy Anniversary!

*Sad Face* for Owen though. Hope he gets better soon!

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry this happened to him. That sounds scary. I hope you do something fun for your anniversary though.
Crystal

Unknown said...

Its not fun to see your child fighting for air. Hope dinner was fun. Did you watch Heroes yet???

Bill said...

I am sorry to hear about Owen..Its hard when your kids get sick. You just want to take it away from them but you cant. Oh, belated Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary Happy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy AnniversaryHappy Anniversary

Davey said...

Oh man Monique, that's like a parent's worst nightmare. So sorry, wishing you both the best.

Jill said...

Poor little guy! I hope he is feeling better!
Happy anniversary to you! Way cool.