Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nothing like the smell...

of compost in the morning. The day after you garden. After showering and washing your hands multiple times. I still smell. My fingernails looks absolutely disgusting. I will get around to trimming them (easier than trying to scrub under them and I can't find that useless nail brush anywhere!)...unless taking showers and doing dishes (yes, I still hand wash) gets them clean before I get around to it. Plus, a disgusting, but kinda weird science-y cool bonus...when you blow your nose after gardening (and digging in your garden) you blow out slimy mud boogers. It's a wonder I could breathe with half the garden up my nose! Let's you know those nose hairs are doing there job and keeping those foreign objects clear of the all important lungs.

It has been one of those weeks. I am so busy trying to figure out what I am doing and where I am going. My head is going in 5 different directions thinking of five things that are all equally important (at least in my mind) to be working on.

I have to get the bed done in the front. My poor potted flowers are looking droopy. Personally, I don't do well with things on my to do list that are there longer than a day or two. I like to get things done pronto. Anyone that knows me, knows I am a scheduled, organized person...and it is hard to fit in the extras!

I know, I know. Anyone want to come over for my pity party? I plan on throwing it after I finish my front bed, do another load of laundry, have the Activities Day girls over to make dinner for a service project, get my kids to bathe and brush their teeth. All of this will be accomplished between breathing treatments every 4 hours.

So, what do you say? Party at my house at 12 AM. On second thought, I need the sleep. But, don't let that hinder you from dropping off "thinking of you" gifts at my doorstep. I could use your leaves, grass clippings and other trimmings to put in my front bed.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Nothing says cool like muddy boogers! I am way impressed. Do you want to come take care of my flower beds? I would love the help. Anytime you want my trash I would be happy to bring it to you. Party on!

H said...

I guess I'm too late for the "thinking of you gift" but I'm up for a pity party.