Friday, December 21, 2007

What is that sound?!

I meant to blog about this a week ago when it happened, but Shaun made me wait...you 'll see why.


I was lying down with Owen trying to get him to sleep when I hear this tapping sound. It was like someone hammering on something. I thought it was coming from next door. I was getting slightly annoyed, but it was the middle of the day, which I prefer to the middle of the night. The only problem was that it was very rhythmic. Tap tap tap *pause* tap tap tap. I got up to see if it was the kids banging around on the walls or something. Nope. Finally, I noticed I could really hear it in Ember's room. I open her blinds and a bird goes flying. Was that a woodpecker?! I mean, don't woodpeckers live in forests or something! And like trees?! LOL I went outside to look at the underside of the roof by Ember's room and didn't see anything. I got back in bed and kinda forgot about it.


The next day Shaun was home and we hear the same tapping sound. I told Shaun about my woodpecker theory. He got the camera and was going to try and take a picture of it. He went out by the orange tree (sans oranges, still a baby) and trying to turn the camera on. The click of the lens made the bird poke its head out from under the awning of the roof and look (quite sneakily I might add) all around. Shaun tried to zoom in and that is when the bird realized it had been had. It booked it to the next door neighbors roof. Shaun tried to take a picture then, but it flew off before he could. So, sorry no pictures (that is why he wanted me to wait to post the blog)!


Since then...no tapping, which is nice because I really don't want to share my house with a bird. Although, we do have real estate in a nice big tree in our front yard. He can go peck on that all he wants.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was it Woody? Didn't you say you wanted a pet? lol That sounds like a great pet...loud, puts holes in things, flies, poops all over. hee hee. I'm so funny.