Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Choke hold anyone?!


We really don't watch wrestling! Ember loves to hug, but more often than not, it ends up being more like a choke hold (at least for poor Owen). LOL We are still working on being gentle...it's a work in progress.

Ironically, I find myself thinking about the fact that right now Jaxen and Ember cannot for the life of themselves leave Owen alone. They are forever in his face, kissing, hugging, making him wave, patting and rubbing his head, talking in the high pitched squeally voice, and Jaxen's favorite... pretending Owen "hit" him (takes Owens hand and touches his face with it), making a groaning sound, and throwing himself onto the bed or other nearby landing pad. Quite theatric it all is, too bad Owen could really care less (although he is to the point where he will make eye contact, no real facial expressions yet, but apparently the kids don't notice, they love to entertain him). But, it drives me nuts! Don't get me wrong, it is cute, it all is, for the first few minutes. I guess because it always seems to be when I am trying to change him, or his is BFing, or sleeping....you know THOSE times. Not to mention his hair reeks (all those slobbery wet kisses add up you know)! I go to snuggle him and get a big whif of stink! EEWWW.

Fast forward a year from now and they won't want him near them and I won't hear the end of it. "Mom, Owen is touching my stuff!" "Mom, we're trying to play and Owen is bothering us!". "Owen," said the grouchy brother and sister, "you aren't big enough!" And...it will drive me nuts!


*sigh* At least they love each other now.

2 comments:

Jill said...

They are all adorable. Isn't it great when they get along?

Unknown said...

Love the pics! I realized that they start fighting way sooner than I thought.