Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Secret Santa Helpers

Every year we do Christmas Angels off the trees at the mall. This year, we decided to do something different within our church. I talked to the Relief Society President and we came up with a plan. Our family was going to be a Secret Santa Helpers. The people we were doing this for secretly were older, so me and the kids came up with a plan.

Every other day until Christmas we were going to drop something small off, ring the bell, and run. The kids loved to remind me that today was "Secret Grandma Day" and would pick out of the little gifts we bought to bring over. Some we bought and some where home made.

Shaun and I couldn't help but smile when we saw the two of them with these huge grins running as fast as they could back to the van after ringing the bell. Ember's little boots slapping the pavement. Jaxen's "aaahhh"and silly run after he appears from around the side of the house. RUN! Really, they probably could have walked faster than someone would have made it to the door, but it was fun and made it seem more"sneaky".

Christmas Eve was the last night of the SSH, and I went with Shaun (he had taken the kids the last few times) and noticed that one of the houses had up the Snowflakes (I made a poem to go with it) we had made for them in their window.

During this adventure, every once in a while I wondered if we were more of a bother with the token gifts then it was worth to them. Seeing the snowflakes in the window made me smile and realize that people can be touched by the small things and appreciate the thought.

We had so much fun as a family doing this and it made the season a little more meaningful and fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We should start something like this. I just wonder if my kids can run that fast. lol