Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Smile and Nod Boys, Smile and Nod...

Owen had his 6 month check up today. All is well. He is 13 pounds 2 ounces. Right below the normal curve for a 6 month old in both height and weight. The pediatrician (who I really like, BTW) told me to go ahead and start introducing solids.....(this is where the smile and nod come in). I mentioned that he can't sit up (a given) and was told to just recline him in the high chair (is there even a high chair with this function?) Anyway, just uh-huh'ed my way though it and moved on. He will not be starting solids anytime soon.

We signed Jaxen and Ember up for soccer over the weekend. Now I know why I have to limit the number of kids I pop out....the exta stuff is expensive! Seriously though, once all was said and done we shelled out more than $200 on the both of them. They are sticking with soccer whether they like it our not for the next few years! (or at least until they outgrow their cleats).

Weekend wise words:

E: What is that on you for? (pointing to my C-section scar)
M: It is where they cut Owen out of mommy cuz they were in a hurry to get him out.
E: No it's not! That is where your underwear was! (I guess referring to the ever lovely underwear line)

E: Look mom that car has a party hat! (It was a taxi.)

2 comments:

H said...

Where did you find soccer for Ember? I thought they had to be 4 but Tasha would love it.

Go, dog, go. I like that party hat! (don't think the reference was lost on me!)

Anonymous said...

Just smile and wave boys! Smile and wave!

I'm so proud of you Owen, your just growing.