Friday, February 22, 2008

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder

Ember sat down and drew a couple of pictures. Afer completing them she comes to be to tell me who they are for.

E: (Shuffling through them) This one is for Pepper (her cousin, nickname by the way), this one is for Savannah, and this one is for me. (Reshuffling) Wait...I mean this one is for Pepper, this one is for Savannah, and this one is for (thinking pause). ...(Finally, with a quizical look and squinty eyes) Mom, what is the name of Auntie Del's kid again?!

M: You mean Yonna (nickname)?

E: Yeah, Yonna, this one is for her.

Just goes to show that it doesn't take much for a little one to forget the small details in a relationship. I mean, you all here the kids calling each other, "Hey, Friend!".

I have a BIL that is 9, we were at a party (yes, we like to party, LOL) and he met a little boy out on the playground. He came up to the group and said, this is my friend. What is your friends name I asked? He looks at the kid and said, what is your name? LOL

Jaxen gets to be the "Star Student" in his class for next week. It is about time, I haven't heard the end of the fact that he hasn't been the Star Student yet. So, the questions they ask are as follows as well as his answers.

Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Food: Chicken Bones...hot (I guess this would be hot chicken wings)
Favorite Sport: Soccer (It better be since we paid all that money to sign him up)
Favorite Books: Star Wars, Spider-man, and Scooby-doo books
What do you want to be when you grow up: A doctor same as an ambulance (EMT maybe) and a Dad. (This was after much prompting. He just wanted to be a dad and it took him a while to think of something else. I guess an EMT is the next step up after pizza maker)
Favorite things to do: Color, play games, and jump on the trampoline.

On the dad note, after telling me he wants to be a dad when he grows up he starts an external dialog with himself.

J: When I am a dad, I will put my kids in time out when they are being mean and bad. I will still love them though.

Ahh, they remember the best of times don't they?

1 comment:

H said...

I LOVE that it was your kid whining about being star student and not mine. I know I will never here the end of that one with Tasha.