Thursday, March 13, 2008

Which one?! I can't decide...so... I choose all of them!

As we got home today I tell Ember to take off her shoes. She comes back into the living room at running speed and jumps on my lap. I happen to look down and notice her socks for the first time today. Hmm, that's weird. I start peeling off layers...of socks. She had 3 socks on her right foot, all different colors and styles, of course, and 2 socks on her left foot. No two socks are the same.

Apparently, the multiple sock fashion statement is back...it originally hit when I was in fourth grade. (Come on, you know you did it!) I remember being one of the only girls who wasn't allowed to wear two pairs of socks to school. *frown*

So, I have to wash them all. The top layer receiving the dirt from the trampoline outing, and the bottom layer receiving the stench from her sweaty feet. I wonder why they are sweaty?! The middle sock on the right foot might as well join it's friends in the washer. There is a sock hop in the washer, come one come all. Evidently new socks (she just got new ones) are so tempting that choosing just one pair was too difficult a task for her three year old mind to wrap around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so silllly!

Jill said...

I don't know why you would want to limit her creativity :) Besides if she wears them all at the same time she'll have to wear the crummy old ones (if you kept them) until the new ones are clean. Maybe she'll slow it down once she gets married and has kids and fashion is no longer feesable.

Unknown said...

Wow and I dont even like socks at all. She must have taken all my sock liking and kept it for herself.

H said...

Do I remember 2 pairs of socks?! Duh, that was the only stylish thing I was able to afford. Oh, and Tasha has one favorite pair of socks she tries to wear until they stand up by themselves.