Saturday, March 15, 2008

Just Kickin' It

Today was Jaxen and Ember's first soccer game. Granted, our team doesn't have a coach and we haven't practiced, but why not? We got a phone call late yesterday afternoon to tell us about the game. Ember didn't play much by choice, she preferred to be attached to my leg the whole game. Maybe after a few practices she might be a little more inclined to want to play. Jaxen did really good at getting in front of the ball. I guess I hadn't thought about how 3-5 year olds would play. I think they spent more time throwing the ball in and kicking it in because it was always going out of bounds.

They looked so cute. There were a couple of crying spells on the other team and a little boy that is quite the aggressor on our team. The boy kicked in...to himself. He threw in...to himself. Who said there is no I in team?

When all was said and done...we won! It was a score of 1 to 0. It came down to the second half of the game.



Jaxen and Ember in their soccer uniforms.


















Jaxen and Ember showing off their kicks!

2 comments:

Matthew J. said...

They sure do look cute.

Unknown said...

Very nice! I am thinking of doing something with the boys but I don't know yet.