Saturday, March 8, 2008

My little priesthood holder in training

Yesterday Ember decided to give Owen the customary knock on the head with whatever she had in her hand...this time it was a water bottle. (Sisterly love) So, as I am brushing Jaxen's teeth, I hear Owen start to cry. I walk in, look at her, guilty face with that beautiful little smile. Not going to work on me little girl. I ask her what she did. Nothing, of course, was the reply. For some reason I don't buy that! I put her in time out and pick up Owen. I take him with me into the bathroom and set him down so he can watch me brush Jaxen's teeth. I notice a little red spot on Owen's head.

Ember is still crying in time out. I go to talk to her and ask her what she did that wasn't nice. You know the routine. I let her out and make my way back into the bathroom to find Jaxen leaning over Owen with is hands on his forehead.

I asked him what he is doing. He looks up and takes a minute to think of what I want to hear. I repeated, what are you doing? I'm not mad. He then says I was saying a prayer for Owen.

It was the neatest thing to see. For that brief moment, I pictured him as a young man with the Priesthood. It makes me feel good knowing that he knows where to turn for help and is so readily open to it. He didn't even have to "think" about it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's so sweet. Thanks for sharing such tender moments with us all!

Anonymous said...

He is gowing up so quickly! Soon he will be going on his mission.

Love
Shaunton