Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Under Pressure

For what seems like forever we have had crappy water pressure in the kitchen. I couldn't really quite place when it all started. I removed the nozzle and cleaned it out. Nothing seemed to help. I was resigned to the fact that it will always take me at least an hour to do the dishes. My hot water was nothing more than a trickle...almost like when you kids leave the water on after washing their hands. I can tell you how much water they waste, because I have stood there waiting for my sink to fill up to do the dishes. Those few minutes between them washing hands and me finding the water trickling....hmm, really not that much water...but the conservationist I am, it still is.

Yes, to make my life easier I have even at one point, go ahead and laugh, put water in the microwave to get it hot again....don't want to waste water. By the time I fill 'er up, the water is luke warm again.

But, as of 12 am this morning, I have water pressure!!! My husband, whom I love dearly, started the lovely project at 10 pm. I am so excited. It is like a late birthday present. He was under the sink pulling out all the hoses and stuff. A real plumber that man is.

I guess, because he made my day, I will forgive him for leaving the checkbook in his pants, that got washed this morning, that has left a white film over all the clothes. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I even have a plumber's crack to prove it!! =-)

Unknown said...

I am sooooo happy for you I can't imagine microwaving my water... but then again I don't wash dishes so I really cant imagine microwaving water.

Anonymous said...

WELL IM GLAD THAT YOU GOT IT WORKING, GOOD THING SHAUNTON IS HANDY LIKE THAT:)

Jill said...

not only do you get the hot water but you also get the benefit of the hot plumber! happy you got it fixed. Its irritating to wash dishs in cold water.