Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chicken Bombay

I am not usually a sweet meat person, but this was delicious. I was disappointed in not making the full batch of sauce. I only had about a pound of chicken, so I halved the recipe for the sauce. I didn't think about adding over the rice. It wowed the husband, and the kids gobbled it down...which says a lot. This dish was not spicy, even given the ingredients, so for those that don't do hot, don't be afraid to try this. It has a unique flavor and I will definitely cook again. Enjoy!

Chicken Bombay
Ingredients:
1/4 C Butter                1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 C Mustard            1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 C Honey               1/4 tsp curry powder
1 tsp seasoning salt      1/4 tsp pepper
3 lbs chicken

Combine all in ingredients, except for chicken, in a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until smooth and slightly warmed.
For OAMC (Once a Month Cooking): Let cool and add to a Ziploc bag with uncooked chicken. Freeze. When ready, thaw overnight and bake at 375 until cooked through.
To Cook now: Roll chicken is sauce. Place in casserole dish and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
TIP: I coated pieces, put in pan, then added the remainder of the sauce over it. I used the sauce over the chicken and rice to add flavor to the rice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks yummy maybe I will try it sometime!

H said...

"everything is better with butter"