Thursday, April 22, 2010

Basil Cream Chicken

Oh My...was this delicious...even with the mushrooms! Definitely putting this on the dinner rotation. (It tastes better than it looks!)

Basil Cream Chicken

hot, cooked and drained fettuccine                 3 T flour
1 lb chicken cubed/shredded                          2 C chicken broth
1 C minced onion                                          1 T chicken bouillon
3/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced                       1 C heavy cream
2 T oil                                                           2 T minced fresh basil
3 T butter                                                      1/4 t pepper (or more!)

Saute chicken, onions, and mushrooms in oil for 4 minutes.
In large saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Add chicken broth, bouillon and cream. Stir in basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Combine with chicken mixture. Serve over fettuccine.

Mo Tips: I just cooked the chicken first and then shredded it. Then I cooked it with the onions and mushrooms. I brought it to a boil, and then turned it off and let it sit so it could thicken a bit. I don't do mushrooms. At least not as a main part of a dish.I will do them in things (like a lasagna I had once) but don't go out of my way to have mushrooms added to anything I eat. This was sooo good. You couldn't "taste" the mushrooms, but I am sure it added to the flavor!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

H said...

Um. Yum! Chicken, mushrooms, basil, BUTTER, and cream... what's not to like here?