Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sunny Days are Here to Stay!

For his birthday, Jaxen got a really cool ant farm. So cool, it has a "night light" and everything. We thought about catching the ants ourselves, seeing as how our backyard seems to always be infected with them, but thought better of it once we really couldn't figure out how to do it without getting bit in the process. So, I wrote out a check for four dollars and sent it in to the ant farm people. Pretty expensive for 25-30 of the little pests, but at least I don't have to try and catch them myself. I am supposed to get my Jaxen's ants in 4-6 weeks. Imagine my surprise when I get the following email about 4 weeks later:

---EMAIL---

Hello,

Thank you for your ant order! We are emailing to inform you that the temperatures in your area are not conducive to the safe shipping of your creatures. In order to safely ship your ants, we require a ten day, day-time average falling below the 85 degree mark. As soon as we see this average, we will ship your ants and notify you via email that they are on their way.

Thank you for choosing Uncle Milton Industries.

-----END EMAIL---

I was laughing so hard when I read this! Hmm, 85 degrees for 10 days straight? Does that happen in Arizona? So, looks like Jaxen might get his ants before Christmas. I wonder if I should wrap up the ants? (Never mind, probably not a good idea, I wouldn't want to kill them when I just got em.) I could probably get away with wrapping up the ant farm and it would be one less gift to buy. It's been buried in the hall closet since his birthday. :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm sorry its been a hassel. Had I realized that would of been the case when we gave that to you we would of picked something else. Regifting for Christmas sounds like a plan.