Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's Eating Mommy Monique

So, here is a short list of what is driving me absolultely crazy at the present:

1. Pumping - I cannot stand it. It is amazing....I just calculated that I spend 2 hours a day on pumping alone!

2. Bottle feeding - This is not a bash to those that bottle feed, but seriously, it is so much easier to whip out a boob. Poor Owen's crys...they go from a soft cry to a scream because I can't heat up the stupid bottle fast enough. You aren't supposed to use a microwave (I don't, but have known several people who did), I use a bottle warmer, and that few minutes it takes to heat up seems like eternity....especually in the middle of the night!

3. Regression - Ember. Enough said. She has started having "accidents" (not everyday or anything, but every once in a while). It is hard not to get upset at her because she has been potty trained since she was two!

4. Sickness - I feel like such a bad mom, I am constantly nagging at Ember to get out of Owen's face, get away from him, don't touch him, don't touch his stuff, blah blah. I just really don't want him to get sick...and she just doesn't want to listen. Dad has been sick to...and I nag him as well...but he listens a little better.

5. Germs - I am now officially a germaphob. I have to wash my hands before and after EVERYTHING. I am constantly walking around disinfecting door knobs, light switches, phones, remotes, computers...you name it and I have probably disinfected it....or tried to. It is driving me crazy, and my husband....ok, probably my kids too....since I am constantly following around and giving them purell, and telling them to wash their hands, etc. (Makes for good bathroom habits though).

Could anything else make the list? Probably, but it isn't coming to me at the moment.

So, I leave you on this note: Multi-task is my new middle name.

1. I can write a blog while pumping, (and occasionally eat while doing aforementioned)
2. I can wake up at night and feed Owen while pumping, and
3. the kids favorite, I can read and pump at the same time!

Sorry, I don't do parties and I can't teach you the tricks of my trade.

3 comments:

Matthew J. said...

Haha... I am lucky if I can get Nancy to blog. To blog and pump? Wow... Umm.. Is it inappropriate to say I am impressed??

H said...

Mo, that really sucks. I'm sorry for your pumping nightmare. You could have a lot more things on that list. I would say if Shaunton wants an ode, next Sat. he gets to follow the kids around with the purell and keep them out of Owen's face. He can't pump (although that would definately merit an ode!) BUT he can redirect the germs for a little while.

H said...

Oops, I forgot...have you tried warming the bottle in hot/boiling water? You can nuke the water and then stick the bottle in it, or boil it on the stove w/the bottle in it. That worked for me, but then I didn't have a bottle warmer either.