Thursday, November 8, 2007

2 kids + trampoline + hose attachment = a staple


Makes no sense right? Let me break it down for you. Not only do I care for 3 children, one of which doesn't allow much sleep at night, but I also manage to cook and clean in my "spare time". It was during this spare time that the incident occurred.

I was cooking dinner and loading the dishwasher while the kids played in the backyard. I had the door open so I could hear them, and the little boy from next door was over. All is well. All of a sudden Ember bursts into the house saying Jaxen has "blood on him". So I go out to see what is going on. His face is covered with blood and his shirt is drenched. Lucky (ok, unlucky) for me, I have experienced a head laceration (same kid, different addition problem) before so I knew they can bleed something nasty. I manage to carry him inside and wipe him down to see a pretty nasty gash. I call Shaun and let him know he needs to come home....because I AM NOT taking Owen to an emergency room. (Bad enough to take your kids there when they need to go and expose them to all that "stuff")

Four hours later, two staples (a whole 'nother story) and we have a staple in our sons head. He sure was the talk of the town in school today. And, he has decided, next year he wants to be a mummy for Halloween (his whole head was wrapped in gauze to keep the patch over it).

Oh, by the way...what happened? They were playing a dinosaur game they made up on the trampoline and Ember hit him on the head with the hose attachment we use to water the garden. NICE....yes, anything can be turned into a weapon.

Funny to note, as I am cleaning him up, Jaxen goes on to tell me. "I knew we shouldn't have played that game, I'm not going to anymore."

3 comments:

Estep Family said...

Poor guy! Hope all is well soon!

Matthew J. said...

Now I know why I didn't call you last night... You were busy!
:D

Jill said...

holy cow!!! I am happy he is ok. Boys and scars go hand in hand. This is just the beginning...