Monday, October 22, 2007

Kids say the silliest things

Ember has been full of insight lately.

At church yesterday she wanted me to wrap up her baby. She then asked if it was a "burrito or a taco"....I tell her it is wrapped like a burrito...and she proceeds to tell me she doesn't want it like a burrito, she wants it like a taco. How do you wrap a baby like a taco?

I have told my children since they were small (smaller than they are now) that they need to brush their teeth two times a day so bugs don't build houses in their teeth. Recently, I went to the dentist and found out I have a cavity. I told my kids about the cavity. So, last night as we are getting ready for bed my daughter says you need to brush your teeth mom, bugs already built a castle in there. Wow, a castle sounds so much more worse than a simple little house. She goes on to tell me, you need to get a shot in your mouth so they can take it out. Yes baby, in some analogistic (is that a word?) way, you are right.

This is almost as good as Jaxen and people "choosing the left". Apparently, if you are not Choosing the Right, you are choosing the left. As he points out, bad guys choose the left mom. This has worked to our advantage as when we think he is not telling the truth we ask him if he is choosing the left...gets the truth out every time.

Ember also likes to sing, all the time, mostly her own lyrics. She has coined "don't be mean, don't be mad"....to the rhythm of the song that goes "it's ok, it's alright" a hip hop song on the radio right now...you know which one?

Kids are so much fun....they are so insightful, so honest (sometimes brutal and sometimes embarrasing) and so cute. I enjoy every minute of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are brutally honest most of the time, but sometimes it's just relative to where they are at the time. I'm sure the castle built in your teeth are because you are bigger than them and only princesses would live in your mouth :)

April said...

As Fran Shephard got up off my couch today Justin said, "She has a big bum bum." I froze and didn't know what to say. I told him that wasn't very nice. How do you teah kids how to hold their tongues when they're really just noticing reality? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

You are right... I did get a kick out of this Mo!

Oh and you are now on my blogroll so I will check this much more often I promise! :D

iPosty said...

I'm a friend of Nite's (Matt's). So I followed a link here to see your blog.

This "choosing the left" is one of the best stories.. love it. :)

kids are great.. my three bend my brain regularly.