Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Boys and Bathrooms

What is it with boys and bathrooms. I mean, I found out soon enough after getting married that men can stay in the bathroom for quite a while. I don't know how or why they can sit there and read. Why not just go to the bathroom, get off and read somewhere more comfortable?

Jaxen has taken this a step further. Not only does he take just as long as his dad (sometimes longer, especially when we are not at home) to use the restroom, but he goes prepared. He takes in books and toys! He sits there and reads or plays with his toys leaning toward the ground. Action noises and sound included. It cracks me up! In all honesty he was on the bowl for a good 45 minutes just a little while ago.

Once in a while he forgets one of the most important things....then I hear the yell.

"Mom, hurry come turn on the air! Hurry I can't hold it anymore".

I walk in, he is on the toilet trying hard to hold it until the air is turned on to help reduce the smell. No wonder he can stay in there for so long.

See us women have to work fast....at everything. Showering and using the restroom included. I can't even think of the last time I was on the bowl for longer than 5 minutes....ok, I can, but that is a hospital story that no one...seriously no one wants to know about....it's bad enough my hubby knows.

See, if we aren't fast enough, we come out and the house is destroyed, all the snacks are gone, or some other bizarre I-wanted-to-try-it-something-or-ether was accomplished/destroyed while we took the time sit on the bowl. Just another "luxury" that men have...although seriously I don't think it is one that I care to have.