Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another step forward, hopeully no more steps back

Owen is once again back in Continuing Care. Today I went in to check on my little 5 pound bundle of joy (yeap, he is a chunky one). He was wide awake when I got there. I got to hold him and give him a bath...which he loves. Afterward he ate, and took 45 cc's in about 5 minutes flat. At this rate he is going to be 10 pounds before he comes home. No really though, he has reflux and they are monitoring that and wanting to get him off his oxygen before they send him home. They moved him down to .2 liters on the oxygen machine and he took it in stride. Good boy.

All in all, things are looking good. Maybe, just maybe he might be home before his due date. LOL

2 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats!! That is awesome! Go Owen!!!

April said...

I just finally found you blog and read the whole thing. That's great that Owen is so big! I'm also very excited that he is nursing. You should come to LLL. It's every 2ns Tuesday of the month. I'll send you the reminder. I'm sure you can get really accurate info from the leaders. They are very well versed on every situation. I loved Jaxen on the potty with toys. Too funny! And...I think he got smart in heaven too! Glad to hear things are getting better. Hang in there. I love you and you are a GREAT PARENT!