Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Vacation: March 13, Day 6


Because I am cheap frugal, I looked on-line ahead of time for deals. I was able to find a city pass for San Diego, that included a day at Universal Studios. This was not a destination of choice, but the pass was cheaper than a one day trip to Disneyland and Sea World, so we went with it.

We drove FOREVER to get there.

Upon arrival we had a hard time trying to find somewhere to park that didn't have a cone. Where we come from, a cone means you can't park there, apparently it takes on a whole new meaning in California.

We parked and went inside. We see characters. Dora, Curious George, Sponge Bob, the likes. We take a few pics and look for something to do. There isn't very much it seems.

We take in another pet show, and then venture over the Shrek 4-D movie. Not sure why, but I am pretty sure I have seen the movie somewhere. Hmm, OK, on to the next ride.


We went onto special effects show to see how it is done. Shaun gets picked as a volunteer. He gets turned into a tortured, turned into a skeleton, and has his arm sawed through. Pretty cool.

We took in Backdraft, talked about the importance of not playing with fires, matches, etc....seemed like a good time to throw that in.

Shaun rode the Mummy and Jurassic Park, the kids weren't tall enough.

We took in the Studio tour which was pretty cool. We saw Wisteria Lane, some scene sets, Jaws eat a scuba diver, experienced an earthquake, all without leaving the convenient cushion-y seats on the bus.

We planned to end the day at the Curious George playground, but alas it was closed. I felt so bad that I had promised them they could play on it "later" and when later came it was closed. :(

Overall, don't waste your money. I am glad it was essentially free (minus gas).

Don't get me started on the way home. It took us about and hour and a half to go 30 miles. It took us more than 3 hours to get back to the hotel. I thought our rush hour traffic was bad!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do cones mean in CA? Sounds like you got to try a lot of sitting stuff. I guess its more of a Big kid place? I don't know I have never been there. Sounds like fun if your big and not prego. lol