Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break Vacation: March 11, Day 4


Another closer destination: Sea World. The kids have never been to Sea World, and we were excited to go.

Our first order of business was to have Ember ding the nice Dodge Ram next to us. While their door was open. I guess, technically, it is their fault because we were parked and getting out first. She hit the inside of their door when she tried to shut the van door. The guy was right there, and didn't say anything. Lucky day, I suppose.

We took a look at when all the shows were being offered and planned our exhibit wandering around them. There really is a lot at Sea World to pack into one day.

The kids took the Wild Arctic ride, which is a helicopter simulation. Owen and I took the regular route and did the walk through. It was really neat. I was a little worried the polar bears were going to give me kids the first questions about the birds and the bees...but I think Shaun hustled them through before the real wrestling begun.

Owen and I proceeded to wait an excruciating 30 minutes or more for Shaun and the older kids to get off the ride and get through the exhibit. Owen had fun going through the fixtures and chasing pigeons. Although, that is free and he could do it at home at the the park.


Waiting for the show to start.

I found it hilarious that at every show, there are those stupid people that sit in the soak zone. Not that sitting in the soak zone is stupid, per se, it is sitting in the soak zone and freaking out when you get wet, that is stupid. The pre-show warns about the soak zone, the presenter talks about it before the show. So why, once they get wet, do they go running like roaches who have seen the light? Pretty funny. I think one of the highlights of the day was watching all those people acting so dumb.

Before the day was over, we snuck in a pet show (dogs and cats do tricks), Shamu show, dolphin show, touched bat rays and starfish, and played on the playground. The playground consisted of towers and rope bridges. Owen and I went to the kiddie area that had big soft blocks. Most attractions at Sea World have a soak zone. I didn't know the playground was one of them. As I was sitting there it started raining...right next to me and all over the lady sitting about two feet away. Hmm, that's weird...I didn't know there was water areas on the playground...at least not on the rope bridge above us. I take a gander upward to see a little boy holding his crotch right above us. I kindly informed the lady she had just been peed on. Eek. I was totally laughing and apologized for laughing, but in that situation, what else can you do. Luckily she had a water proof
pee proof jacket on. What a difference two feet make. At least she didn't look up all like, "What's that?!" and get it in the face.

Shaun convinced the kids to go on the Atlantis ride, which has a pretty steep drop and water. I was surprised they went, but they did. Doesn't mean they would do it again. Owen and I perfected the sit and wait.

3 comments:

April said...

I sat in the soak zone once and spent 15 minutes with a hand dryer trying to dry myself. Then I spent the rest of the night freezing cold, walking around Sea World. You're right. It is stupid.

Unknown said...

I love the misspellings it makes me feel ok about my ramblings on my blog.

I would sit in the soak zone if it was a hot day but not in March when its breezy and cool.

You have to tell me your secret about the strike through your words or I will make you my fake friend again!!! lol

Really you preferred to sit want wait??? I bet you really wanted to ride but because your fat- I mean pregnant your couldn't fit- I mean ride. ha ha jk

H said...

EEEW! It's "raining"?! That's just disgusting and I'm glad for those 2 feet. EEEW.