Monday, June 23, 2008

My Boys

Jaxen is a doting and loving big brother. Most of the time this is not a problem, in fact, it can be quite helpful for a frazzled mom.

Most mornings he comes in before the sun is even up and offers to take Owen into the living room to "hang out" while I figure out how to roll myself out of bed. Because it so quiet out there, it doesn't seem to take me as long as I think it does to get in gear.

I came out the other morning to this lovely scene...at least it was lovely until Owen caught a glimpse of me. I think we are starting down the path of separation anxiety.

Granted Owen is like 3 pounds lighter than Jaxen, but it is so cute to see Jaxen (and just as often, Ember) heaving him all over the house. It's cute when Owen is OK with it...which is hardly ever.

Owen gives me this weary "oh, no, not again" pleading glance as he is shuffled here and there and everywhere. I don't know if this kid is ever going to learn how to crawl or walk. For his benefit, he tries to tell them he doesn't like it, he really does, but why would a 6 year old and especially a 4 year old listen to a kid who isn't even 1 yet? He has no merit. I really think he just needs to stop making eye contact...it comes back and gets him every time.

Who are these hotties?!

This was Owen's second time in the pool. Because Owen is my third child and not my first (or second for that matter), I don't have many pics for his first time at anything. So, with this child, I am going to be documenting the seconds. His second tooth, his second bath, ...you get the idea.

No really, I have a pic from his first time, but he is beached on a towel sleeping. I would post it, but this one is so much cuter and look at that "your-gonna-love-me" pose, so worth waiting until his second time around.

At least we have pics of him...more than some third children can say about their childhood.

Owen is all about anything that is not for little babies. This includes any and all table food. Baby food? What baby food. Don't waste your time, energy, or money on anything that is made for infants. Better get used to the idea of sharing (although once you have kids, the word "mine really takes on a new meaning...if any). Owen has a fascination with cups. OK, he has a fascination with anything he can get is plump little fingers on or around.

He is one flexible little kid. From his Bumbo, he can reach in 360 degrees terrorizing anyone or anything within arms reach, and if that doesn't do the trick, he resorts to using those two limber legs to knock over what his chubby claws can't have. He really does amazing work.

3 comments:

H said...

I can really see a bit of Jaxen in Owen's cute little smile.

Monique said...

H~

Funny you should say that, because Shaunton and I were just talking about how much they look alike. (I just happened upon Jaxen's first birthday pic...they really do look alike!)

MAGA said...

In my house, i have plenty of pics of my first born, and my daughter, the rest are going to have to ask thier aunts and uncles for baby pics, lol. But i really like the "second" idea,