Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Kickin" it Old School Style

Shaun and I recent joined a kickball team. Granted, it has been a few years (over 20 actually) since I have played kick ball, but I was excited to play.

We had a double header on Tuesday night. We won the first game and had to wait 45 minutes to play the second, we won that one too. Not bragging or anything. I still have mad skills though. Just sayin.

I don't know who had more fun, us or the kids. They practically have to fend for themselves. We are on the Salt River Indian Reservation, so I don't think anyone would actually want to leave with my kids. They don't look like mine but that can't really pass for anyone else's. LOL They do like to roam around with the other kids. Owen is left in the dugout, alone (when we are in the outfield), in his lime green Bumbo, to watch the kids running around having fun or sometimes he likes to watch us play. We are quite entertaining. Seriously though, he is usually calm enough to sit for 3 outs, but there are several people that hold him on that rare occasion that he should get fussy. I know, hard to believe that I could have a fussy one right? My kids are perfect...and to show you, I will share their perfect evening at the ballpark.

It starts off with a refreshing dip in the water fountain. New shoes and all. Got to do something to stay cool. This is immediately followed by running up, down, and behind bleachers and chain link fences. After all, whose gonna stop 'em. Followed by a quick detour by Ember her lost her way (this was in between games on the way to the second field, I swear she was right behind us.) To cap off the evening, you have to take off your shoes and socks so you can exfoliate your feet in the soft red dirt. It wouldn't be complete without a light dusting of said exfoliate over the entire body. I hear it is good for the skin and hair. Upon completion of the beauty regimen , we come to realize that Ember is missing her glasses. So we get the honor of digging through mud pies to find them. Why did we get her brown frames? It makes perfect sense to take off your glasses and set them down on the ground because you are muddy. Ok, so they weren't in the mud pies...rather just next to them.

The good news, is that this perfect night had the perfect ending. We found her glasses. They were still in once piece...a mangled twist of one piece. Of which got a good laugh from the gang and a quick refresher course on the wonderful insurance we have. Luckily, we were able to take them in and they were able to heat the metal and bend the mangled mess back in the something that resembled glasses and the lens had nery a scratch on them. It is a kickball miracle.

3 comments:

H said...

I don't know how you deal with the chaos of the kids being crazy like that. I guess it's different since school is not in so they can stay up late, get filthy dirty, and ruin things.

Oh, and if you want, I think Kyra would dog-sit for you :)

MAGA said...

OK LET ME START OFF BY SAYING I TOTALLY GET THE GLASSES FRUSTRATION, JUST HAD TO REPLACE BOTH THE FRAMES ON BENNY AND JIMMYS GLASSES GOOD THING THEY DIDNT DISTROY THE LENSES,,,, KIDS AND THIER GLASSES, WHY DONT THEY GET THAT THEY NEED THEM TO SEE....AYE, BUT I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE YOU PLAY'N KICKBALL

Jill said...

Sounds like too much fun. Its great to get refreshed and play all at the same time. Sounds like good, clean family fun!