Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sing Along Time!

In honor of Helena, who wanted me to dig deep! To tell you the truth, I thought she ran out of ideas to have people blog about, but it took me a while to come up with my list. In no particular order, here are the songs I have to sing to if I hear them. (Although I pretty much sing out loud to any song I know...even if it is just the chorus!)

1. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice *sigh* I know, I know!
2. Ironic - Alanis Morrisette ---Isn't it ironic that it came to me at about 3 am this morning?
3. Strawberry Wine - Deana Carter
4. Amazed - Lonestar (This is our song)
5. Proud to be an American -Lee Greenwood ---get emotional every time I hear it, and get even worse when I sing along.
6. Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio ---If you really listen to the lyrics, you can apply it to life, growing up, etc.
7. Straight Up - Paula Abdul
8. Because I Love You (The Postman Song) - Stevie B (Cheesy, but I like it!)
9. Killing Me Softly - Fugees
10. Over and Over - Nelly and Tim McGraw (I can listen to this one Over and Over again!)

4 comments:

H said...

A+ I didn't run out of ideas :) I was hoping you would search outside of the kid zone and you really did...there's not a single kid song on this list! WooHoo! I'm Proud to Be an American too, I know about the Ice Baby, Strawberry Wine works, and I actually bought the soundtrack to Dangerous Minds for Gangsta's Paradise. That soundtrack was a mistake though, apparently they left out the parts of the songs that would give the movie an R rating. I just can't listen to that.

Matthew J. said...

I think I have sung about 8 out of the 10 as karaoke.

I love all of them tho Mo!

Jill said...

Good mix of music. You'll have to get a new song though. Amazed is ours and you can't have it. :) Actually with as much as we have had in common it doesn't surprise me our taste follows the same way.

Unknown said...

I have to listen to number 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 10. Which I own Over and Over again and listen to it over and over again. I give you an A+ I honestly don't know is I could pick just 10 songs to pick I sing just about every song on the radio even though I can't sing.