Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Misery LOVES company...

and I have been entertaining misery Owen for the past week. He had an Optometrist appointment last Monday to check his eyes. He is a bit nearsighted...not that any regular person would know this, but it isn't bad, but it isn't good either. Anywho, we go back again when he is two to follow up. I have this nagging feeling (don't ask me why) that Owen will end up with glasses...Two days later little man is running a fever. I take him in to the doctor's on Thursday morning because his eyes are crusted over and the fever won't go down. It seems he has pink eye, and then he has an ear infection, maybe a stomach bug? How much can this little guy handle? I still think the pink eye is from his appointment, and the rest sort of followed.

It has been the hardest sickness that any of my kids have faced, or at least that I remember (selective memory probably). Today was the first time I have seen Owen smile in a week. He looks so out of it with his sad red sleepy looking eyes. He just looks miserable.Yesterday evening was the first time that Owen was able to go without Motrin to keep his fever down. Monday was the first day he was able to really keep his meds down...and we have seen a difference. He is far from his usual self, and so am I right now. Maybe a few nights of not getting up every hour to a crying baby that doesn't want to nurse or do anything but rock...and even that wasn't enough sometimes.

I am g-lad that it is almost over!

So, for those of you that have been missing my ever-so-interesting blog posts, now you know why. I really don't have the brain cells to write much of anything that is coherent.

Funny question of the day:
Listening to church music on the way to school.

J. Mom, after us, do the pirates come? (He is referring to when we die, who will live on the Earth after us.)

1 comment:

H said...

Don't call Owen misery! I thought is pathetic little whimper with the quivering lip was adorable. I guess not at 2, 3, and 4 in the morning though, huh? I'm glad it's almost over.