Thursday, February 4, 2010

High School Reunion

It is not a surprise to most that I grew up on the West Side. Definitely more ghetto than Tempe and the East Valley. Is there a ghetto on the East Side? 

Anyway. So I get a letter regarding my high school reunion. I have been waiting for this letter...since 2007. I didn't find it surprising that my high school didn't have a reunion (in 2007). It isn't like we had any money.

So, imagine my surprise when I get the letter. I wonder how many people threw the letter away because it looks like junk mail. I read how much it is going to cost for this deal, yeap junk mail.

They want $95 per person for this get together. All we know is that it is at the Double Tree in Scottsdale. Nothing else is even set yet. Do these people not remember that we are from the ghetto and can't afford $95 per person to eat a meal? That is if you pay on time, if you pay at the door it is cash only and $115. It makes me think of a school dance, only the cost is inflated 100%. Where did the number 95 come from. Everything you purchase is separate. It isn't like it is a meal deal where you get dinner and a parting gift...worth $50. We will probably get a box of mints or something.

To top it all off it is a, what is the word I am looking for....joint reunion? For classes 1997-2000. Nice huh? You think they could save a little money doing it that way. Chances are I don't even remember but 10 people of my own graduating class...now you are throwing in 1500 more students and wanting me to do a Where's Waldo hunt for the 10 people I do remember?

Nice.

I don't think I will be going. Although, I could take my husband as arm candy and show off my awesome bod that birthed 4 kids. I think I look better now then I did back then. Maybe not as physically toned (I was a track and cross country runner), but still lookin good, with more confidence.

Maybe I will just send in a pic and a little update bio. Maybe buy the $20 book and just look through that for laughs. Cheaper than paying $95 to try and remember people. Not to mention the ones you want to see not even showing up.

Would you go at $95 a pop?

4 comments:

M said...

What high school did you go to? I grew up on the west side too hehe. They had an 11 year reunion that I couldn't afford to go to either and they told everyone at the last minute LAME! LOL

Sara said...

$95/couple, maybe. $95/person, Never!

H said...

NOt a chance I'd pay $95.
I had my 20 year this last year and didn't go to a thing. (Would you at 8 months pregnant?!) I met up with some friends that came to town for it and that was all I needed. Yep, now you know... 20 years!!!

Unknown said...

Yup you are hot and having Shaun as arm candy would just top it off hehehehe but at $95 bucks person never would I pay that! Sorry I say you send in a bikini shot (jk) and wow them all! Well at least the most recent family pic it is Great Action!! hehehehe