Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I finally got to a point where I could work on the tree skirt that I wanted for my Christmas Tree. Granted I started it in January. I finished faster than I thought I would. I have one diamond that has "The Davis Family" and the other four have each of my children's hand prints embroidered on them with their names written inside. I had Jaxen and Ember do all the name writing.

I just got back from JoAnn's. I want to make Jaxen a blanket for his birthday. I got all the material (already on sale) for $48 using coupons to save $42 (It was a coupon you could use to save on items, even if they were on sale). Nice. It also helps to bring a friend and have them use a coupon for you.

I think I am going to go back within the next week to buy the materials for Ember's birthday blanket. The fabric is already 30% off, and the coupon I have takes an additional 20% off. Might as well have what I want ready, and at a cheaper cost!

3 comments:

proud parents said...

Beautiful. I love it! You'll have to show me how to make it!

H said...

Are you saying you got all the material for Jaxen's blanket for 6 bucks? (I'm a reading teacher, not math!) Well done.
Love the tree skirt.
Love the new title for your blog.

Unknown said...

Whoo Hoo!!! I love shopping on sale!!!! Its even more fun with a friend!!! YEAH!!!