Friday, January 8, 2010

Missing Jacket

Jaxen's jacket went missing earlier this week. I keep pestering him to go and look in the lost and found at school. He calmly replied that the lost and found was really big and he couldn't find it.

This morning I woke up determined to dig through the lost and found in search of the rogue jacket. All I can say is W.O.W. It was like looking through a grungy goodwill rack, er, pile. I am convinced that there is an article of clothing for each and every kid that attends Broadmor. There were sweaters, jackets, scarfs, ear muffs, mittens, lunchboxes (with lunch still inside....ewww).

I was wondering why it is that parents making their kids get their stuff. Then I look at the pile and decided that those poor kids took one look at the mountain and decided they would never find their jacket (or said missing item) in there.

So, you know how I am. Later in the day I called the school and offered my services in going through the mountain and pulling all the items with names and sorting to give back to the classrooms. I asked if they had a student list. They seemed pleased to have the help. I starting thinking. Maybe having a few "items of the week"...a big sign that says ARE YOU MISSING ME? pointing down to five objects on display.

All I know is if I was a kid without a jacket I would just dig through the ginormous pile and get me a "new" one.

No comments: