Friday, August 14, 2009

I lost 3 pounds instantly...and so can you...

if you step on my bathroom scale...which according to my child's doctor's office runs three pounds heavier than normal. Don't ask me how an electric scale can be off my three pounds. I don't question it. It just means I am three pounds lighter than I thought I was! How is that for weight loss?!

So step right up, step right up, and loss three pounds instantaneously. Bring a pair of pants a size smaller than what you come in, don't want those pants sagging.

Oh, and for the record, since this post was going to be about my gargantuan son, here are the one month stats:

Weight: 11 lbs 10 oz. (90th to 95th percentile)
Height: 23.5 inches (above the 95th percentile)

Here are Owen's two year stats:

Weight: 24 lbs (5th to 10th percentile)
Height: 32.8 inches (5th to 10th percentile)

These stats don't worry me...at least he in on the charts...which is right were we want him to be given he has 3 more months to be adjusted to two years. Once they hit two years they don't adjust anymore, although my doctor never did. He just said he had to be caught up by two (being caught up being a good sign).

No worries...Owen will have a playmate his size in a few months (if he keeps growing at this rate!)

Owen goes in for his eye appointment next month and we will see if the prematurity will necessitate glass right now. I know he will end up with them...they all do...but unless it is severe enough to warrant them, they usually wait until 3-4 years. One can hope...either way...he will look cute with glasses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Owen doesn't need glasses or to catch up to anyone. He is so darn cute just the way he is....long hair makes him even cuter!