Monday, August 10, 2009

Hard Questions

As we were traveling to a family gathering the other night, we decided to do our scripture study in the van on the way. Usually we do it during dinner, which is when I have the most attention and content children shoveling food in their mouths. I know, not the most ideal, but at least we do it, right?

Anyway, back to the story.

Our lesson that night was on what people view as important. You know, money, houses, careers, things of that nature. We then talked about what was really important (scriptures, etc.).

I asked Ember and Jaxen if we could take our house and our money and things like that with us when we die. "No, we can't" (smart kids). I explained that what we could take with us was what we learn and study.

After the lesson Jaxen asks from the backseat, "Mom, if we can't take our house with us, will we have a house when we get there?"

I know the answer to this one..."Of course, Heavenly Father has prepared a mansion for us." I feel quite proud of myself.

"Mom, will we have beds in our house?"

Okay, wasn't expecting that question..."I think so..."

Which got me thinking...do we sleep? eat? swim? play?

So, what do you think?

5 comments:

proud parents said...

Eat? Yes. When the resurrected Christ appeared to the original twelve, he shared a repast with them. Swim? Play? Sure, why not? We have physical bodies. If we can walk with them, hug with them, we can certainly swim, play and do all manner of things with them. Sleep? I'm not sure but I don't think so. If I understand the principle right, glorified bodies do not need rest. But they don't need food either, and yet you can eat if you want. Good question. I'll have to look up that one.

proud parents said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
proud parents said...

I think we'd be too occupied managing trillions of worlds to have time to sleep anyway. Not that you'll miss it. Despite all your busyness, you'll never fatigue. Nice, huh?

Nancy said...

I have noooo idea, but I do think a lot about our final destination with our Father in heaven and try to imagine it very beautiful and serene. I also can't help but wander how we will all dwell and live as families. If it's like we live now with our families in different places everywhere. It will be a wonderful day to finally be there though...

H said...

I think, maybe, these questions are a little more deep than a blog comment section has room for :) Good questions though.