Monday, February 16, 2009

In it for the long run

On Saturday, the whole family to part in a racing event. Shaunton ran a 5K and the kids and I "ran" a 2 mile race.

I had Owen on my hip, so I just planned to walk. Jaxen and Ember, I assumed, would be walking with me. I didn't think they would take much interest in the race.

The lady started us off and away went Jaxen running. I figured he had a good lap in him before he started walking with me and Ember. The boy lapped us and kept on going! He ran/jogged the whole 2 miles, that is 8 laps around the field. His time was 23 minutes and 58 seconds. He had better time the second mile than he did on the first.

I was so proud of him. He is always sad that he isn't the fastest runner on his soccer team, now I think he realizes that he "fast" at running for long distances. He has endurance. He was so excited to get his medal and basket of goodies.

We are so proud of him. Hopefully, he will want to run more races in the future.

3 comments:

Bill said...

That is ultra impressive!!! I know few people that would complete a 2 mile run without having to walk....

H said...

Holy smoke! Does that make him a chip off the old Shaunton block? Or did you run track too?

FizixMamma said...

Very awesome!