Thursday, August 5, 2010

Now I have seen it all

You know, the world is so old and people have been around for a long time, that most everything has either been done, thought, or said before. I think I had a rare glimpse today at something primal. Something that I have never seen, but was probably more common back in the cave days.

We had chicken parmigiana last night. Not too exciting, but very delicious. I had different stages of the dish on the table for the kids. One with no sauce or chicken, just noodles and cheese. Another with everything, some cut up, some not. I had decided after observing both of the younger boys eat that I would just go straight into the shower with both of them. Once you get past two kids, you do things assembly line style, to cut down on the time it takes. Anyway. After trailing noodles across my hall and bedroom, we make it to the shower. Owen isn't too bad. Kaysen, I undress in the shower.

Owen points very observantly that Kaysen has a noodle in his hair. He then proclaimed that he wanted to get it out. I absentmindly tell him that Kaysen has noodles everywhere and proceed to get the shower ready. I then see Owen with the wayward noodle. And then...he gently lowers the dangling morsel it into his mouth and starts chewing with this look of triumph on his face. Like a monkey who just found the juiciest bug while grooming the monkey next to him. I can't get him to eat the noodles off his plate, but he will eat the noodles out of his brother's hair. Go figure!

2 comments: