Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear Mom,

I am not sure, but I get the feeling your are dreading my new found freedom. It seems that ever since I started walking, you have this wild (or is it scared?) look in your eyes. I heard Jaxen and Ember say you had eyes in back of your head, but I didn't believe them, at first.

I wanted to give you a heads up that I am really starting to like climbing. I am still working at it, so when I get stuck on the stool in the bathroom for the fifth time today, just bare with me, figuring out how to get down comes later. I have mastered getting off the bed and climbing on and off the couches. Give me time.

I don't know why you have such a hard time with me exploring. You need some chaos in your way too orderly life. I mean, who organizes everything?! I, for one, think you should restructure the Tupperware cabinet. I keep trying to help you, but you always shoo me out. Even more confusing is when you try to sit me in front of that same cabinet "to play" when you really need to make dinner. Either you want my help of you don't. I also would like to alphabetize the CD's in the rack, but it seems that once I get them all out, I forget what comes first. Can we work on that?

I may not be able to talk, but I try my best to communicate with you. I mean, how many times do I have to open the cabinet and take out every cup, just to grab one, and take it over to the fridge. I'm not tall enough. Nope, I didn't grow any since yesterday. Still. Can't. Reach. A little help would be nice. I don't want the sippy cups you bought just for me. I want a cup like my big brothers and sisters. They like drinking out of my sippy, especially when you aren't looking, so you can give them the sippy cups. I don't mind.

I notice you have let loose a little bit and let me walk around with the the shields, grease guards, whatever you want to call them. They are pretty cool. You also let me dig around in the recycle bin, never when there is anything real fun in there, but paper and broken hangers make great toys. I do what I can to get into the regular trash to see what I can find, but you always seemed to be grossed out. Hands and mouths are meant to be used while exploring your environment. If I don't like it...I promise I will spit it out...where ever I am standing.  Plus, I figure if you didn't want me to get into something, it wouldn't be in my reach. Hmm...I guess that is why that trash can always sits on top of the deep freezer...

Remember how you are always saying that you still don't get the phone and how to do certain things, like check messages from another phone? I keep trying to look into it, but you don't like it when you find me sitting on the table playing examining the phone. I can't figure out all the features either, and if you would just let me go at it, I might.

Also, sign me up for piano lessons. I like the piano.

Just so you know...opening stuff is fun. I like it a lot. I like to open things and take everything I can reach out. I am not so good at putting it back, and figure you would rather I leave that to you. I also like to help with laundry, but only if you have just folded them. And only because I don't think you folded them the right way.

I love you mom. I don't know why you always look so tired. I think you should take naps more often. It works for me. Although, visiting with you at night is still fun.

Love,

Kaysen Trouble Davis
(Being cute goes a long way!)

4 comments:

H said...

Oh Kaysen, you're not allowed to play with Payton for a while.

Bill said...

I think Payton and Kaysen have already talked...

Unknown said...

LOL this is great! I love that Kaysen knows the phone and Cd's and how to organize better than Mom. lol Just think in a little while he will be Jeremiah's age and taking his diaper off every chance he gets and pulling his sisters hair and I know he already tried to escape like Jeremiah does...just think of all the new things you have to look forward too....

Unknown said...

oh ya and sticking his hand in the diaper to "show" you he is poopy cuz telling you just is too boring....