Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kaysen James

 Kaysen James came into this world on July 13, 2009 at 11:21 a.m. He was my biggest baby at 9 lbs 14 oz. I think he would have weighed more if he was weighed before he "let it all out". I knew he didn't have much space in there, but I wouldn't have guessed he weighed close to 10 lbs!
He was my calmest baby. It isn't until recently that he found his set of lungs. For those of you "lucky" enough to experience the ear-splitting shrieks of delight...and the ear-splitting shrieks of anger...thank you for smiling and not saying anything.
He had the most hair at birth than any of my other children, and also the darkest and thickest. It is still thick and luxurious to this day. This kid never had a bald spot. He does wake up with a wicked teased look in the back every morning. I held out hope that I would get by blue eyed baby, but brown eyes are beautiful too.
Kaysen started crawling on March 10th and it didn't take long before he had the urge to walk (May 26th). He waves, he claps, he has a shy head tilt, he blows raspberries, he covers and uncovers his mouth while making noise. He can climb off the bed. He learns something new everyday, and his brothers and sister are there to help him learn. He is in the bruised up stage of his life. Not tall enough to do much of anything, but tall enough to run into every corner and trip of every toy and sibling. He has a beautiful smile.
I love you Kaysen James. I may not know what to get you for your birthday... (What do you get the boy who has everything?!) ...but I love you more than any present can convey. Surely you are my favorite-st baby in the whole wide world! 
Happy Birthday Kaysen James!!!!
Nothing hits the spot like cake and ice cream!

2 comments:

Shaunton said...

I can't believe your 1 already! Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is one already. I watched him come out and is does not seem like a year ago!!! Happy Birthday Kaysen!!!!!