Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The weekend and other tidbits

This weekend we went and sheared sheep. It is an annual tradition for Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday, 4 of us sheared 23 sheep. On Sunday, many more of us sheared 26 sheep. It took a lot less longer the second day to shear. My hand was killing me the first night, but for some strange reason, my hand was fine the second night. Maybe it got used to the hard manual labor. The drive up was nice and cool. The drive back was congested, brush fire filled, slow and H.O.T. Welcome home!

We left Jaxen up there for 9 days. I haven't cried yet, but then again, it is his second year going and I am not 8 months pregnant. I think he will be fine and we might actually have him go back out after Independence Day until the end of the month when I will go back up for a week with the kids and stay there, then just load up all the monkeys and bring them home, just it time to start school. Don't hold me to it though...it is only officially day one!

Kaysen, who is 10 months old, can now wave (he curls his fingers into a fist and releases), give kisses, head butt (thanks Dad!), give raspberries on other people, beg for a drink or bite (eh, eh, eh), and has officially taken 5 independent (although "falling") steps. He is also proficient in splashing in  any lidless and unguarded toilet, digging in the trash for a quick treat, speed crawling to any cracked or open door and booking it, throwing just about anything he can pick up, tasting anything (yes, anything!) and everything he comes across while crawling, and falling off the bed. Must say he is a very active, curious and happy baby. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Maybe it's time to think about..... ;) LOL

2 comments:

MAGA said...

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, BENNYS GOING OUT OF TOWN WITH MY AUNT AND UNCLE FOR A WEEK IN THE AM, AND I MUST SAY I'M FREAKING OUT A LITTLE!!

Unknown said...

Time to think about more babies??? lol ya right! I know the feeling, but I get past it pretty quick these days. I can't believe Kaysen is so old! I still remember his huge 10 lb body somehow making out! It was the most awesome thing I have ever seen! Thanks Monique!