Thursday, June 24, 2010

On my mind

I was reading my scriptures this afternoon and came across this section of a verse. I have been thinking about it ever since I read it.

"...I trust there remaineth an effectual struggle to be made." Mosiah 7:18

This is where King Limhi is addressing his people, telling them about their struggles they have had before and what lies ahead with the help of the newly found brotheren (who incidentally  found them---Ammon and his men).

I liked the phrase "effectual struggle". I thought about it. Read it again. Thought about it. Looked up effectual. Pondered some more. Then it hit me.


"...I trust there remaineth an effectual struggle to be made." = LIFE

Life is an effectual struggle. Simple, right? Now you can read it, ponder it, and have your own a-ha moment.

I am so thankful to have moments like these where what I need to hear from the Lord resonates in my mind until I stop what I am doing and focus on it. Sometimes the meaning (for me) comes quickly. Sometimes it takes more time. But it is always worth it and always what I need.

Coming across passages like these give me a greater ability to put my best foot forward in my effectual struggle that is life because I know the Lord loves me and has provided me with all I need to get back home. I just have to put in the work to understand it and learn all I can.

No comments: