Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Milano

So, I have decided that my food doesn't look as yummy as it tastes because I take the chicken and shred it and mix it with the sauce. With a big family, you do what you can to make everything stretch. Plus, I don't feel like cutting up chicken for four kids.

On that note, this dish is d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s seriously. It could be served in a restaurant (if it looked prettier). So, try it. You can go for "the look" and leave the chicken whole, or you can stretch it like me and shred it. At least you know you are guaranteed chicken in every bite!  

Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
8 ounces dry fettuccini pasta

1. Cook pasta as directed while preparing the rest of the meal. The noodles are thicker and take a bit longer to be done. Cook the chicken by itself in a little bit of olive oil. Then remove chicken and put it aside. Melt butter in the same pan. Add the garlic. Stir a few times and then add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer until the tomatoes are tender. Add the cream and bring it back to a boil. Simmer on medium until the sauce thickens. Add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
2. At this point you can serve the sauce and chicken over the noodles.
Mo Tips: I shred the chicken and add it right into the sauce. I then cover the noodles with the sauce. My directions on this are not verbatim...because the recipe was too long and I could type the exact same thing shorter.

3 comments:

proud parents said...

Yummy!

H said...

Butter, cream, chicken, noodles... can't go wrong there. I shred my chicken too, but it's because I like a little chicken in every bite instead of a giant bite in every few bites. That, and I don't like to cut it for everyone either :)

MAGA said...

I LOVE THAT YOU SHARE YOUR RECIPE'S! I'M HOPING WHEN I TRY ONE THEY COME OUT RIGHT:)